This blog earns income with affiliate links. Isn’t that amazing?
Turn your online presence into a Six-Figures passive income! Join this Free Training NOW.
Who is Emmanuel Besnier?
Emmanuel Besnier is a name that is well-known in the dairy industry. As the CEO of Lactalis, the world’s largest dairy products company, Besnier has revolutionized the way the dairy industry operates. Under his leadership, Lactalis has become a global powerhouse, with a presence in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Despite his success, Besnier is a man who shies away from the limelight. He rarely gives interviews, and little is known about his personal life. However, what is clear is that Besnier’s impact on the dairy industry has been nothing short of remarkable. He has transformed Lactalis from a small, family-run business into a multinational corporation with over 80,000 employees.
In this biography, we will delve deeper into Emmanuel Besnier’s life and explore his journey from a young man with a passion for dairy to a global business leader. We will examine his leadership style, management strategies, and achievements at Lactalis, as well as his philanthropic activities and personal life. Through this exploration, we hope to gain a better understanding of the man behind the dairy industry’s most significant success story.
Become The Next Internet Millionaire
Emmanuel Besnier Personal Info
Name: Emmanuel Besnier
DOB: September 18, 1970
Birthplace: Laval, France.
Education: École des Hautes Études Commerciales (HEC)
Wife/Partner: Sandrine Hunaut
Hometown: Laval, France
Famous As: CEO of Lactalis, one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
Emmanuel Besnier’s Early Life
Emmanuel Besnier was born on September 18, 1970, in Laval, France, into a family that had been in the dairy business for generations. His father, Michel Besnier, founded the dairy company Lactalis in 1933, and it had grown into a small but successful business by the time Emmanuel was born.
Growing up, Emmanuel was exposed to the dairy industry from a young age. His family’s business was an integral part of his life, and he often accompanied his father to the company’s facilities to learn about the various aspects of the business. From milk production to packaging and distribution, Emmanuel absorbed everything he could about the dairy industry.
Emmanuel’s family background was a significant influence on his early life. His family had a long history of entrepreneurship, with his grandfather and great-grandfather also being involved in various businesses in the Laval region. This entrepreneurial spirit was instilled in Emmanuel from a young age, and he was encouraged to explore his interests and pursue his passions.
As Emmanuel grew older, his interest in the dairy industry continued to grow. He went on to study dairy science and technology, where he honed his knowledge of the dairy industry and gained practical experience through internships with various dairy companies.
Unlock the door to financial freedom with the
#1 home-based business opportunity!
Discover a way to earn over $100K a year from the comfort of your own home.
Don’t wait, click now to start your journey to success.
Emmanuel Besnier’s Education
Emmanuel Besnier completed his primary and secondary education in Laval, France. He then enrolled in the Institut National Agronomique Paris-Grignon, where he pursued a degree in dairy science and technology.
The Institut National Agronomique Paris-Grignon, also known as AgroParisTech, is a prestigious institution that specializes in agriculture, food science, and environmental studies. The program at AgroParisTech provided Emmanuel with a strong foundation in dairy science, including knowledge of milk processing, dairy microbiology, and quality control.
During his time at AgroParisTech, Emmanuel also had the opportunity to gain practical experience through internships with various dairy companies. These internships allowed him to apply the theoretical knowledge he gained in the classroom to real-world situations and gain valuable insights into the dairy industry.
Emmanuel graduated from AgroParisTech in 1992 with a degree in dairy science and technology. He went on to pursue a Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) at the prestigious École des Hautes Études Commerciales (HEC) in Paris.
Emmanuel’s education at AgroParisTech and HEC prepared him well for his future role as the CEO of Lactalis. His education also gave him the tools he needed to navigate the challenges and opportunities presented by the rapidly changing global business landscape.
Emmanuel Besnier’s Career
Emmanuel Besnier’s career began at a young age when he started working at his family’s dairy company, Lactalis. After completing his education, he returned to the family business and began working his way up the ranks.
Emmanuel initially started working in the production department of Lactalis, where he gained hands-on experience in milk processing and quality control. He later moved on to the commercial department, where he worked on developing and implementing marketing strategies for the company’s products. This experience gave him a broad perspective on the dairy industry, from production to marketing.
Emmanuel’s rise through the ranks at Lactalis was steady but rapid. He became the CEO of the company in 2000, at the age of 30, succeeding his father, Michel Besnier. Under Emmanuel’s leadership, Lactalis grew from a small, family-owned business into the largest dairy products company in the world.
Emmanuel’s focus on innovation and expansion was a key driver of Lactalis’ growth. He spearheaded the company’s entry into new markets, including Asia and South America, and led the acquisition of several companies, including Parmalat, the Italian dairy company.
Lactalis’ success under Emmanuel’s leadership can be attributed to his focus on quality, innovation, and customer satisfaction. His leadership style was characterized by his commitment to sustainability and corporate responsibility.
In addition to his work at Lactalis, Emmanuel has been actively involved in various industry organizations. He served as the President of the International Dairy Federation from 2015 to 2018 and is currently a member of the board of the French dairy industry association.
Emmanuel Besnier’s career has been defined by his commitment to innovation, quality, and sustainability. He has led Lactalis to unprecedented success, making it one of the most influential and respected companies in the dairy industry.
Emmanuel Besnier’s Net Worth
Emmanuel Besnier has a real-time net worth of $22.6 billion as of April 26,20203, according to Forbes. He is one of the wealthiest people in France and one of the richest people in the world.
The majority of Emmanuel’s wealth comes from his stake in Lactalis. Lactalis is the world’s largest dairy products company.
Emmanuel’s net worth has been steadily increasing in recent years, thanks to Lactalis’ continued success and his astute management of the company’s operations.
Emmanuel Besnier’s net worth is a reflection of his success as a business leader and his role in building one of the largest and most successful companies in the world.
Emmanuel Besnier’s Personal Life
Emmanuel Besnier is described as a disciplined and focused individual who is deeply committed to his work. He is known for being meticulous and detail-oriented, which has helped him to build and maintain one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
Little is known about Emmanuel’s hobbies and interests outside of his work at Lactalis. He is known for being an avid fan of horse racing and has reportedly owned several successful racehorses over the years.
In terms of personality, Emmanuel is described as being introverted and reserved, preferring to keep a low profile and stay out of the spotlight. He is known for being fiercely private and protective of his personal life.
Emmanuel Besnier’s personal life remains somewhat of a mystery, but his business success has earned him widespread respect and admiration.
Emmanuel Besnier’s Parents
Emmanuel Besnier was born to Michel and Christiane Besnier. His parents were the co-founders of Lactalis, the dairy company that Emmanuel would later become CEO of.
Michel Besnier was born in 1930 and spent his early years working on the family’s farm, which produced milk and cheese. In the 1950s, he and his brother, Jean-Michel, decided to turn their family’s farm into a business, and thus Lactalis was born. Michel served as the CEO of Lactalis until 2000, when he passed the reins to his son, Emmanuel.
Christiane Besnier, Emmanuel’s mother, was also instrumental in the early success of Lactalis. She was responsible for the company’s accounting and financial management and played a key role in ensuring that the business remained financially stable and profitable.
While both Michel and Christiane have since passed away, their legacy lives on through Lactalis and the impact they had on the dairy industry.
Emmanuel Besnier’s Siblings
Emmanuel Besnier has two siblings, Marie Besnier Beauvalot and Jean-Michel Besnier.
- Marie Besnier Beauvalot is the eldest of three siblings and is also involved in the family business. She serves as the vice president of Lactalis and is responsible for overseeing the company’s operations in France. Marie is known for being a strong and capable businesswoman who has played an important role in the company’s success.
- Jean-Michel Besnier, the youngest of three siblings, is also involved in the family business. He serves as the president of Lactalis International and is responsible for overseeing the company’s operations outside of France. Jean-Michel is known for his strategic thinking and his ability to identify new growth opportunities for the company.
Together, the Besnier siblings represent the next generation of leadership for Lactalis and have been instrumental in ensuring the company’s continued success.
Emmanuel Besnier’s Wife (Partner)
Emmanuel Besnier is married to Sandrine Hunaut. They married in a private ceremony in 2008. As with most aspects of his personal life, Emmanuel has kept his marriage and family out of the public eye, and there is limited information available about his relationship with Sandrine.
Unlike her husband, Sandrine Hunaut is not involved in the dairy industry or the operations of Lactalis. She is known for being a supportive partner to Emmanuel.
While little is known about Sandrine’s personal life or professional background, she has played a behind-the-scenes role in supporting her husband’s leadership of Lactalis and his contributions to the dairy industry and the broader business world.
Emmanuel Besnier’s Children
Emmanuel Besnier has three children with his wife, Sandrine Hunaut. The family maintains a very private life. Little is known about their children’s personal details, including their names and ages. There have been no official statements or media reports regarding his children’s education, career aspirations, or other personal details.
It is likely that Emmanuel’s children have grown up in a family environment that values hard work, dedication, and a commitment to social and environmental responsibility.
Emmanuel Besnier’s Challenges and Obstacles
Emmanuel Besnier has faced many challenges, controversies, and obstacles throughout his career. While he has been highly successful in leading Lactalis to become one of the world’s largest dairy companies, he has also been involved in several high-profile controversies.
- One of the biggest challenges faced by Emmanuel Besnier and Lactalis was the salmonella outbreak that occurred in 2017. More than 30 infants in France were sickened by salmonella-tainted infant formula produced by Lactalis. The company was criticized for its slow response to the outbreak and for failing to take adequate measures to prevent the contamination. Lactalis was fined €1 million by French authorities, and Emmanuel Besnier was called to testify before a parliamentary committee about the company’s handling of the situation.
- In addition to the salmonella outbreak, Emmanuel Besnier has also faced criticism for his management style and leadership of Lactalis. Some critics have accused him of being too focused on profits and not doing enough to address social and environmental issues. Others have criticized his tendency to maintain a very private profile and avoid engaging with the media or public on issues of concern.
While Emmanuel Besnier has faced his fair share of obstacles and controversies, he has remained committed to his vision for Lactalis, and he has worked tirelessly to maintain the company’s position as a global leader in the dairy industry.
Emmanuel Besnier’s Accomplishments
Emmanuel Besnier has achieved numerous accomplishments throughout his career, both as a business leader and as a philanthropist.
- Under Emmanuel Besnier’s leadership, Lactalis has grown to become a global leader in the dairy industry. Today, the company has operations in more than 100 countries and employs over 85,000 people worldwide.
- Emmanuel Besnier has been a vocal advocate for environmental stewardship and social responsibility in the dairy industry. Lactalis has made significant investments in renewable energy and sustainable farming practices.
- Emmanuel Besnier has been a strong supporter of education and research, and he has made significant donations to institutions such as the Université de Bretagne Occidentale and the Institut Pasteur. In 2018, he announced a €20 million donation to the Gustave Roussy Cancer Campus, one of Europe’s leading cancer research centers.
Emmanuel Besnier’s accomplishments as a business leader and philanthropist have been significant, and his leadership of Lactalis has helped to shape the global dairy industry. He continues to be a leading figure in the business and philanthropic communities.
Emmanuel Besnier Recognition and Awards
Emmanuel Besnier has received numerous awards and recognition throughout his career for his outstanding achievements in the dairy industry and business. From being named European CEO of the Year to receiving the prestigious Chevalier de la Légion d’honneur, Besnier’s accomplishments have been widely celebrated both in France and internationally.
- 50 Most Influential People in the World Dairy Industry (2021) – This ranking is published by the International Dairy Foods Association, and it lists the most influential people in the global dairy industry.
- 50 Most Influential People in the French Food Industry (2020) – This ranking is published by the French magazine Atabula, and it lists the most influential people in the French food industry.
- Prix de l’Homme d’Affaires de l’Année (2019) – This award is given by the French newspaper Les Echos for outstanding achievements in business.
- Person of the Year (2018) – This award is given by the French newspaper Le Point for outstanding contributions to society.
- The Best CEO in the Food Industry (2017) – This award is given by the financial magazine Capital for outstanding achievements in the food industry.
- Businessman of the Year (2017) – This award is given by the French magazine L’Express for outstanding achievements in business.
- Grand Prix de l’Industrie Laitière (2016) – This award is given by the French dairy industry for outstanding contributions to the dairy industry.
- European CEO of the Year (2013) – This award is given by the International Association of Business Leaders (IAOB) to the most outstanding CEO in Europe.
- Chevalier de la Légion d’honneur (2012) – This is the highest award in France, and it is awarded for outstanding achievements in various fields.
Emmanuel Besnier’s numerous awards and recognition are a testament to his outstanding achievements as a business leader and his contributions to society.
Emmanuel Besnier is a fascinating figure whose journey to success is truly inspiring. Whether you’re a fan of cheese, milk, or yogurt, there’s no denying that Emmanuel Besnier’s impact on the industry has been significant. We can only expect more great things from him and Lactalis in the future.
Check back for updates!
Feel free to share or add news on Emmanuel Besnier in the comment section below.
Hello! I am TQ. Like these billionaires and millionaires, most of my online businesses were total failures. Learning from these failed attempts, I launched a successful online business for less than $400. You can Read My Story to learn more.